Media Review: MACO: Woodworking for the Aquarist
MACO is proud to announce the next offering in our series of online courses.
Woodworking for the Aquarist is a course detailing the construction of a canopy to house your lighting system on any size tank. The course covers the basics of structure and wood manipulation and in the end you build a hood/canopy or pendant system for your own tank. Following is a brief course outline:
- Week 1 – Shop Safety, Common Tools and Wood Properties
- Week 2 – The Design Process, Harsh Saltwater Environment Concerns, Hardware and Resources
- Week 3 – Preparation, Machining and Techniques
- Week 4 – Preparation, Machining and Joining Techniques
- Week 5 – Joining and Finish Preparation
- Week 6 – Finishing
This course is currently open for registration (registration closes on June 18, 2005). Please see the site for more details and to sign up. Course cost is $65 and it lasts for 6 weeks.
MACO courses are entirely online and at your schedule. When you sign up for a course, you will be provided with access to a course specific forum, the course’s website, and be provided with details regarding regular live chats. Chat transcripts are available on the website following the chat if you cannot make or miss the live session. This provides students with 24/7 access to other students and the instructor.
For more information head over to http://aquaristcourses.org.