Reefkeeping Events: What's Happening in Your Area?
Do you have an upcoming event?
If so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know about it!
Dallas / Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society's Next Wave 2009, January 24, 2009
When: January 24, 2009, 9 AM - 5 PM
Where: Fort Worth Botanic Garden, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd., Ft. Worth, TX 76107 (map)
Admission: $25 until November 1
More Information: http://www.dfwmas.org/nextwave2009/registration.html
Everyone is encouraged to attend Next Wave 2009! -- Think of this conference as going to Reef Keeping College for a day. Four speakers are being flown in to instruct attendees on successful saltwater care. After each presentation, which will be in the form of slides, PowerPoint, or video, attendees can ask questions from the speakers about the subject being discussed. Don't miss your chance to gain knowledge that will last you a lifetime!
Speakers for this great event are:
- Bob Fenner- The pros and cons of hitchhikers in the reef aquarium
- Eric Borneman - The sustainablity of our hobby
- Bruce Carlson - Reef Life in the Solomon Islands, a video presentation
- Jake Adams - Water Flow is More Important Than Light
The day will end with our famous Raffle, and we are sure you won't want to miss that! Raffle tickets will be for sale during the lunch session and before the raffle.
We are accepting your reservations now. If you wait, the prices will increase as follows:
- October 1st to November 1st: $25
- November 1st to December 1st: $30
- December 1st to January 1st: $35
- January 1st to the event: $40
So register online now and save up to $15. Not enough to convince you to come? Here's pictures and info from Next Wave 2005! So register now!!!
Third Annual Mid-Michigan Marine Club Frag Swap, January 25, 2009
When: January 25, 2009
Where: Fraternal Order of the Eagles Hall, 4700 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906 (map)
Any commercial vendors wishing to purchase table space can contact me so that we can start making table arrangements. Table pricing is going to be the same as last year.
Early registration (before Jan. 18, 2009) prices are as follows:
- $30 for full table ( Includes admission for 2 people)
- $15 for half table (includes admission for one attending seller. One person per half table, please)
- $10 selling (more than 7 frags, but less than 15 frags and not wanting a table...this is a good option if you just are dealing with pre-sold items)
Normal registration (after Jan. 18, 2009) prices are as follows:
- $35 for full table ( Includes admission for 2 people)
- $20 for half table (includes admission for one attending seller. One person per half table, please)
- $15 selling (more than 7 frags, but less than 15 frags and not wanting a table...this is a good option if you just are dealing with pre-sold items)
Non-seller entry fee: $5 ( bring in 7 or less frags ). non-Selling MMMC members and members of MASM and GRMAS FREE with proof of membership.
Marine Aquarium Expo, April 3-5, 2009
When: Friday, April 3 - Sunday, April 5; 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Where: OC Fair & Event Center, 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (map)
Admission: $10 for Adults, $5 for Seniors, and FREE for Children 12 and under
Marine Aquarium Expo” (MAX), is southern California’s premier indoor consumer-tradeshow, bringing together manufacturers, retailers, and saltwater enthusiasts from all over the nation into one giant, centralized location. More than 100 booths fill 22,000 square feet of exhibitor floor space plus another 7,000 sq. ft. of covered courtyard to accommodate speakers, raffle drawings, Club booths, and various workshops. MAX is the perfect venue to see the latest innovative products and offerings as well as the most progressive enterprises in the marine aquarium business. MAX is a spectacular marketplace for selling/trading of livestock, equipment, supplies, and various other goods. Literally THOUSANDS of coral frags are available for sale from the dozens of livestock exhibitors attending Marine Aquarium Expo. We invite you to bring the entire family to see what the excitement is all about. MAX is an event that you do NOT want to miss!
- Two Full Days of festivities, trade, and entertainment! Do not miss this event!
- Giant Market of Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Retailers, Hobbyists and more!
- Livestock Dealers selling corals, frags, fish, invertebrates, and more
- Courtyard classes provides a wealth of entertainment and learning experiences
- Many booths, workshops, and educational displays represented by clubs and charities
- Huge Drawing both days with many, many, Major Prizes to WIN!
- Manufacturers showcasing the latest equipment, products and services available!
- Six Speakers from all over the United States come to demonstrate, educate, and inspire
MACNA XXI, September 25-27, 2009
The 21st Marine & Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA XXI) has been announced! Your destination city for this industry leading event is Atlantic City, NJ. This must attend event will be held September 25-27, 2009.
Join us for a weekend near the beautiful beaches of Atlantic City where the excitement never stops. September and NJ beaches are a winning combination. The weather is still warm and the water temperatures are perfect. If beaches aren't your thing, there is plenty of shopping, casinos, energizing spas, shows and concerts, endless nightlife, fine dining, boardwalk, golf, attractions, fishing, and water sports to keep you well entertained for the entire week after the show.
The convention hotel is the Sheraton, Atlantic City located at 2 Miss America Way and attached to the convention center via an enclosed walkway. Hotel rooms are being held under MACNA XXI for special convention rates of $139 with discounted parking (though if you're not coming in by car you don't need to rent one to get around town). These rates are greatly discounted from their normal weekend rates. Be sure to use the room block when reserving your room.
To make reservations, use the Sheraton Hotel Reservation System.