Dream kitchen for the modern reefkeeper
This Aquafront-designed aquarium is a bespoke handmade system that has been completely integrated into the units of the Poggenpohl +Artesio design kitchen. The idea behind this whole concept was to showcase how an aquarium can add a dynamic and colorful element to any living space including the kitchen.
From concept to fruition:
- Display tank: 1190mm (l) x 520mm (w) x 675mm (t)
- Sump tank: 1000mm (l) x 500mm (w) x 500mm (t)
- Material: 10mm low iron float glass held together by structural grade silicone.
- Total System Volume: 650 litres (170 US gallons)
- Frame: 800mm tall powder coated aluminium frame
- Panels: Poggenpohl +Artesio glass laminated MDF panels (Colour Arctic White).
- Main pump: ATB Airstar 6000 - Total system turnover 5000 litres per hour.
- Protein Skimmer: ATB Nano B
- Lights: 2x AI Sol Blue LED
- Boxed in fan assisted vents for cabinet ventilation and cooling.
- Algae bed with 4 different species of macroalgae in sump powered by LED’s to keep the system in balance.
- Ehiem twin auto feeder
- 80kg of Fiji Live rock
- 20kg of live sand
- Soft coral and polyp only tank
- Water changes dropped from once a week to once every three weeks with the recent addition of 2 x Deltec fluidised reactors (one with Rowphos the other bio pellets).