E.Shine Systems' 60W CREE enters the aquarium LED arena ... sort of
The E.Shine Systems ES-60W-CA measures 15.8”L x 5.6”W x 3.0, and is packaged with a power supply, hanging mount, and digital timer. As far as Chinese LED systems go (and there are a whole slew of them), this is one of the better built units.
According to their website, the the ES-60W-CA fixture features:
- 60 watt using CREE XR-E series 10 3watt 6000~9000k white and 10 3watt 455nm royal blue
- High PAR value. 200 PAR reading for each LED from 5" distance
- Two dimmers for white and blue, fan can be turned on/off
- Corrosion-proof finish/casing by special painted
- Optional 30-60 degree view angle, focus light to deep bottom
- Pure 450~460nm spectrums, No UV radiation harm
- Less heat, no chiller unit required, 20-30º C on water surface
- One fan on back runs against heat
- External power supply, detachable power cord
- Hanging kits included
- Five-year factory warranty
No details are provided on where to purchase the ES-60W-CA, nor it's retail price. However, for the past few months, this fixture (or an indistinguishable clone) has been sold in the US by several companies and on eBay under various brand names such as SWC. The market price look to be just shy of $400. Whether E.Shine Systems is the manufacturer (seeking wider international distributorships) or another rebrander of this unit is unconfirmed (we suspect the former). Whatever the circumstance may be, this fixture offers high quality CREE LEDs at a cost-effective price.
The bigger story here may be that, according to E.Shine's website, 90W and 120W CREE LED fixtures are forthcoming.
View E.Shine's website for more details and photos of this unit.