Fluval SEA Marine Supplements
Fluval's Press Release:
New Fluval SEA Marine Supplements Recreate Ocean-Like Conditions in Marine Aquariums
MANSFIELD, Mass. – For many years, aquarium enthusiasts have turned to the Rolf C. Hagen (USA) Corp. for its Nutrafin Cycle and Aqua Plus supplements to improve the water quality and, thereby, the health of the fish in freshwater aquariums around the world. Now Hagen is building on the sterling reputation of Cycle and Aqua Plus with the development of its new Fluval SEA line of products specifically for marine aquariums using the purest, most contaminant-free ingredients available. Fluval SEA brings the same high level of research and expertise that goes into Hagen’s Nutrafin products to supplements that help fish, vertebrates and invertebrates in marine aquariums enjoy ocean-like conditions in their captive environment.
The seven formulas of Fluval SEA Marine Supplements are made with only the finest, ultra pure ingredients that contain the necessary trace elements regularly depleted in marine aquariums, often by the large variety of corals housed within the habitat that can consume specific compounds faster than others. Because a marine aquarium is a closed environment, these elements are not endlessly replaced as they are in the ocean; Fluval SEA helps to replenish them and ensure that the water in marine aquariums is as close to the natural ocean as possible, which in turn helps to keep the fish and corals healthy.
Rated for high purity, Fluval SEA Marine Supplements include:
- 3 Ions – Small doses of the three elements in 3 Ions – magnesium, calcium and strontium – help to conveniently ensure their presence in the aquarium.
- Trace Elements – Contains beryllium, chromium, nickel, copper and zinc, which play an important role in various metabolic and biologic processes of life in a marine aquarium.
- Strontium – This supplement is absorbed by corals for strong skeletal structure and tissue retention, yet does not affect the delicate ionic balance in marine water.
- Iodine – This powerful oxidizing agent can improve marine water conditions by supporting improved oxidation-reduction reaction (redox) potential. Iodine is quickly depleted, so regular supplementation is recommended.
- Magnesium – Helps to boost magnesium levels while not affecting the delicate ionic balance in marine water. Regular dosing is recommended to help offset ongoing depletion by coral absorption.
- Calcium – A critical ion in marine reef aquariums, calcium is a key element for uptake by corals, other invertebrates and coralline algae.
- Alkalinity – A concentrated compound containing sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate and sodium borate, it helps boost alkalinity in marine aquariums. It supports strong coral growth and buffers the pH balance in the water.
All Fluval SEA Marine Supplements are free of gluconates, nitrates and phosphates, and have MSRP’s of $7.99-$57.99. They are available in three sizes:
- 237 mL bottles (pictured at top): 3 Ions, Trace Elements, Strontium, Iodine, Magnesium, Calcium and Alkalinity
- 473 mL bottles: 3 Ions, Trace Elements, Iodine, Magnesium, Calcium and Alkalinity
- 2 L jugs (pictured left): 3 Ions, Calcium and Alkalinity
Fluval SEA Marine Supplements are available online and at pet retailers nationwide. For more information, visit www.hagen.com or call 1‐800‐225‐2700.