Happy World Oceans Day
The United Nations Secretary-General designates this year's theme as:
Our Oceans: Greening Our Future
Here are some ideas to celebrate World Ocean Day:
- Frag some corals to share with fellow hobbyists.
- Talk to your favorite LFS or mail-order vendor about responsible stocking (preferably captive-bred).
- Visit your local public aquarium in support of their education and conservation efforts.
- Adopt a Coral Reef through the Nature Conservancy.
- Have a nice seafood meal from the list of sustainable seafood approved by Seafood WATCH.
- Perform some much-neglected maintenance on your aquarium. Caring for your aquarium IS caring for the oceans.
- Hug your fish (unless it's venomous, in which case a smile and a nod will suffice).