House of Fins to host 54th annual Splash Event next weekend
House of Fins, a local fish store based in Greenwich, Connecticut, is one of the oldest established local fish stores in the country. One thing that sets this tri-state LFS apart from the rest is the sheer amount of rare livestock offered for sale, including hard-to-find butterfly fish, tangs, wrasses, not to mention some truly out-of-this-world corals. The company has officially announced the 54th Annual "Splash" Event which will take place next weekend, October 1st and 2nd. The event is featuring tons of sales on both livestock and hard goods, vendors and guest speakers from all over the country.
Here's a list of just some of the hot splash discounts you can expect to see at the event:
- All Saltwater livestock, including rock, corals, and invertebrates 30% off!
- All standard aquariums and cabinetry 30% off!
- All chillers 20% off!
- Geisemann bulbs 15% off!
- Ehiem products 20% off!
- CaribSea Substrates 25% off!
- Hydrologic RO/DI Units 20% off!
- Seachem products 25% off, plus $54 Reef Salt buckets!
- Aqua Illumination lighting 15% off!
- Sunlight Supply metal halide, T5 fixtures and ballasts 20% off!
- Coral RX 20% off!
In addition to the weekend-only sales, the store is also hosting several guest speakers who are always sure to provide the best and most up-to-date information. The list of speakers scheduled to attend include:
- Adam Blundell discussing "What is Reef Safe"
- Tony Vargas discussing "Successful Reef Aquariums From Around The World And How They Got There”
- Jake Adams discussing [to be announced]
- Ret Talbot discussing "Sourcing Sustainability - The Future of a Robust Marine Aquarium Trade"
Lastly, several vendors will be on-hand displaying products and interacting with hobbyists. Some of those vendors include Sunlight Supply, Carib Sea, Aqua Illuminations, Eheim, Ecoxotic, Seachem, and a number of others. The House of Fins Splash Event will be running on Saturday, October 1st from 10:00am to 7:00pm and Sunday, October 2nd from 12-5:00pm. if you are in the greater NY/NJ/CT tri-state area, be sure to stop by!