Tunze's waterproof and controllable LED light
The new Tunze LED employs 62 Nichia ELITE LEDs (approximately 14 watts worth) in a special thermally conductive plastic fixture. They will be available in three different color options (see below). In combination with the new TUNZE Multicontroller 7097, up to four separate TUNZE® LED can be controlled in terms of color and luminescence. A two channel driver is built into the waterproof strip light. Aquarists may use the Tunze LED as main lighting for smaller aquariums or supplemental lighting for larger aquariums.
Euro prices are listed below. US prices should range between $180-210. Tunze anticipates retail release towards the end of 2012.
According to Tunze, the LED light features:
- Fully corrosion-resistant plastic construction, completely passively cooled without noisy or failure-prone fans.
- Fully waterproof (IP 68) sealed with resin, and mountable close to the water surface in order to reduce the luminance loss.
- Compact design which can be positioned at any point.
- Highly flexible mounting with a magnet holder.
- High degree of safety through 11V DC operation, cable length: 2.5 m (98.42 in.).
- Low operating costs and a high efficiency through 62 energy-efficient Elite-LEDs, white LEDs with up to 130 lm/W.
- Long service life due to a low operating temperature and perfect heat distribution.
- Optimal light distribution, ideally suited as the main lighting source for a nano-aquarium or supplement lighting for larger aquariums.
- Light color and intensity are controllable time-dependent with the new Tunze® Multicontroller 7097 (not included).
- No problems in case of power failure: The safety connector permits a normal operation with the TUNZE® power supply unit, but in case of a power failure it will automatically switch over to a car battery or a DC source.
- Thanks to its small housing dimensions, combinations of multiple lamps are easily possible. The light output is multiplied almost completely according to their number, if the lights are mounted in close proximity.
- Dimensions: Lamp without bracket: L 305mm x B 25mm x H 17mm (L 12.00 in. x W 0.98 in. x H 0.66 in.), vertical mounting with holder: L 320mm x B 50mm x H 50mm (L 12.59 in. x W 1.96 in. x H 1.96 in.), parallel mounting with holder: L 46mm x B 305mm x H 50mm (L 1.81 in. x W 12.00 in. x H 1.96 in.).