Waveline DC Pumps by H2O Systems
H2O Systems is a Canadian company with their sights set on the North American aquarium market by introducing high-tech yet affordable reefkeeping gear such as their new Waveline DC pumps.
Here is a complete run-down of the new Waveline pumps:
- The product line is currently comprised of two models: The DC-5000 and the DC-10000. The DC-5000 is in production and the DC-10000 should be in production by the end of April 2012. A smaller DC-2500 model is also planned for the future.
- Waveline pumps can be operated in-line or fully submersed.
- As their model numbers imply, the pumps are direct-current (DC). DC pumps are considerably more efficient than common AC pumps and allow variable speed control by ramping up/down the motor's RPM. Greater efficiency also results in less heat transference to your water.
- The pumps will come complete with a standard controller (pictured below) that allows users to select between six preset speeds as well as engage a 10 minute feed mode with a push of a button.
- H2O systems is working on an optional, advanced control module that will feature a photo cell (for day/night sensing), dynamic variable speed control, pulse mode ability, and interoperability with popular aquarium controllers like the APEX.
- The DC-5000 outputs 1320gph (5000lph). The DC-10000 outputs 2640gph (10,000lph).
- The DC-5000 consumes 40 watts. The DC-10000 consumes 85 watts.
- The DC-5000's MRSP is $239.99 USD. The DC-10000's MSRP is $349.99 USD.
- Waveline is now available in Canada and should appear in the USA very shortly.
With all these features, the Waveline pumps represent attractive alternatives to popular high-end, internal/external circulation pumps like the Eheim Hobby pumps and Askoll-based pumps (e.g. Red Dragon, ATB FlowMaster, Marine Solutions). The Wavelines are considerably more affordable than other DC pumps hitting the market in recent months (e.g. Red Dragon DC, Deltec E-Flow).
Fully controllable flow rates. Extremely low power consumption. Quiet operation. Affordable pricing (for their market segment). H2O Systems may have a real winner on their hands.