TONMOCON IV, October 8, 2011
Oct 07, 2011 03:00 PM
Oct 09, 2011 08:00 AM
|Where||Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, 2660 Woodley Road, NW, Washington, DC 20008|
|Contact Name||Tony Morelli|
|Add event to calendar||
The convention cost will be $15 per person via PayPal. Register now!
- ~ 7:00pm - meet & greet at Harry's Pub in hotel
- 8:30am: doors open
- 9:00am: Intro / Welcome Tony Morelli (tonmo)
- 9:20am: Displaying and breeding Cephalopods at the California Academy of Sciences - Richard Ross (Thales)
- 10:00am: Ethics Roundtable - Moderated by Katherine Dickson (neurobadger), with Greg Barord, and Richard Ross
- 10:50am: ~10 Minute Break~
- 11:00am: Nautilus Conservation - Greg Barord (gbarord)
- 11:40am: Identifying Commonly Kept Octopuses - Denise Whatley (DWhatley)
- 12:20pm: Break for lunch - will be "on our own"
- 1:00pm: WAMAS
- 1:30pm: A Vampire's Blind Mouth - Adam Eli Clem (Clem)
- 2:10pm: Colossal Investigations - Olaf Blaaw (OB)
- 2:50pm: Kraken: The Curious, Exciting, and Slightly Disturbing Science of Squid - Wendy Williams
- 3:30pm: ~10 Minute Break~
- 3:40pm: The Octopus Mind - Peter Godfrey-Smith (pgs)
- 4:30pm: Thank You and Monty Awards - Tony Morelli (tonmo)
- 5:00pm: Go our own way (groups will break off)
- 6:00pm: Meet at the Invertebrate Exhibit at the Nat'l Zoo (exclusive access for people at TONMOCON IV)
- 9:00pm: meet at some bar.
- Informal gatherings for breakfast, National Zoo, etc.